Muhammad Ilyas Ansari
Dr. Muhammad Ilyas Ansari earned his PhD degree in Politics and International Relations from International Islamic University, Islamabad. He joined University of Central Punjab (UCP) in February 2012. Before joining UCP, he had taught in different universities of Lahore and Islamabad (UMT, PU, PIFD, FAST, MAJU and IIU).
He is an author of five books on international relations and social issues. He also contributed articles in different newspapers of Pakistan. Now, he frequently appears on national and international TV channels in the programs related to international relations and politics. He hosts one of the Radio shows at FM UCP ki Dunya 92.6 FM.
He has twenty seven years, experience of writing, research, administration, media and teaching.
He has twenty three years’ experience of writing, research, administration and teaching.
- Pakistan Studies
- Political Science
- International Relations
PhD (Politics & International Relations
International Islamic University Islamabad
Master of Arts in Political Science (M. A.)
Islamia University, Bahawalpur
4-Year Diploma in Homeopathic Medicine System (D. H. M. S.)
Multan Homeopathic Medical College, Multan
French Language Certificate (F.L.C.)
University of the Punjab, Lahore
Primary Teaching Certificate (P. T. C.)
Elementary Teachers Training College, Muzaffar Garh
Certificate in Commerce (C.Com.)
Government Commercial Training Institute, Muzaffar Garh
SEMINARS & WORKSHOPS
- Presented Research paper in International Conference in Gdansk, Poland in “Academy of Economics and International Relations” Pakistan’s role in Middle eastern Security” ( May 2008)
- Participated in a one day Teachers Training workshop [Creative and innovative teaching skills] for the Faculty of UMT on February 22, 2008
- Participated in a 2 day Teachers Training workshop for the Faculty of IMT/UMT, organized by IMT/UMT, on December 24, 25, 2002
- Participated in a 3-day Training Workshop on March 27-29, 2001 on the Report Writing Skills organized by Sustainable Development Policy Institute, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Participated in a 1-day Seminar on March 08, 1997 on the Economic Agenda Before New Government of Pakistan organized by Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Participated in a 1-day Seminar on March 06, 1997 on How to Revive Our Economy organized by the Lahore Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Lahore, Pakistan
- Organized as Member Executive Committee and Member Research Advisory Committee, a 2-day countrywide Business Leadership Seminar 1997 on December 15-16 [ILM/UMT} at Pearl Continental Hotel, Lahore. Governor Punjab, Mr. Shahid Hamid, inaugurated the Seminar while and Federal Minister and Chief Coordinator Prime Minister’s Programme 2010, Mr. Ahsan Iqbal was the Chief Guest. 68 speakers presented their research papers, empirical findings, case studies, etc. in 18 Research Sessions participated by 600 delegates.
- Attended a 1-day Business Communication Skills Workshop organized by Institute of Leadership and Management, Lahore in May 1997.
- Organized as Member Executive, a 2-day International Business Conference on September 19-20, 1995 at Al-Hamra and Avari Hotel, Lahore. President of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Sardar Farooq Ahmad Khan Leghari, inaugurated the Conference. MOU’s worth 800 million USD were signed in this mega event amongst the 250 delegates from 23 countries around the globe. The total number of participants tolled to 550.
- Participated in a 3-day Seminar in July 1992 on the Foreign Policy of Pakistan in 90’s organized by Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad, Pakistan
- Participated in a 10-days Training Camp organized by World Assembly of Muslim Youth (WAMY), K.S.A. & International Syed Maudoodi Educational Research Institute (ISMIERI), Pakistan, on August 14-23, 1987
TEACHING EXPERIENCEaughtat at Minhaj University to the students of M.Phil IR
- Taught Pakistan Studies to the students of BBA , BS Computer Sciences and BS Electrical engineering at National University FAST Lahore.
- Taught History of Diplomacy of Muslim world to the students of M.Phil ( political Science, University of the Punjab, Lahore)
- Taught Muslim Political Thought to the students of BS Politics & IR at International Islamic University Islamabad, in 2010
- Taught Pakistan and Islamic Studies to the students of BBA at Mohammad Ali Jinnah University Islamabad ( January to May 2010)
- Taught Pakistan Studies at Pakistan Institute of Fashion and Design, Lahore[Feb 2009 April 2010]
- Taught Business Ethics in Hailey College of Commerce, University of the Punjab , Lahore[October 2008 to June 2010]
- Teaching “International Organizations” & “Diplomatic History of Muslim World” [Post graduate Diploma in International Affairs] University of the Punjab, Lahore since January 2007.
- Taught Islamic History at UMT, Lahore from 2006 to todate
- Taught “Islam and Personality “ & “ Islam Society and Systems” at UMT, Lahore from May 2001 to August 2007 to the Students of BCS,BTTM,BBA, BECS and B.Com
- Taught Pakistan Studies at UMT, Lahore from May 2001 to 2009 to the Students of BCS,BTTM,BBA, BECS and B.Com
- Taught Modern History at UMT, Lahore to BBA students from August 2002to 2006
- Taught Sociology at UMT, Lahore to BBA students from August to November 2002
- Taught English Language courses to primary classes at Jame-ul-Uloom Kindergarten Public School, Multan during Session 1986-87
- Taught English Language courses to primary classes at Oxford Public High School, Muzaffargarh, during Session 1987-88
- Taught English Language courses to secondary classes at Tameer -e- Seerat Model College, Lahore, during Session 1993-94
- Taught Basic English Language courses to foreign non-native students at International Syed Maudoodi Educational Research Institute (ISMIERI), Lahore, during Session 1996
TEACHING [ EXAMINATION AND PAPER SETTING] EXPERIENCE
Paper Setter/Examiner of MA Political Science for the years of 2006 & 2007 [Lahore College for Women University, Lahore]
External Assessor of MA Political Science [Part I] for the year of 2007, University of Gujrat
Sub Examiner of MA/ BA Political Science, 2008. University of The Punjab, Lahore
TEACHING [ Faculty Development] EXPERIENCE
Consultancy for the Development of faculty of Islamic Studies for University of Gujarat [ 2006 ]
As Research Associate had been involved in:
- Contributing to the development, maintenance and regular updation of various research databases, including:
- Muslim World Infobase__ Comprising of key profiles and economic indicators of all OIC countries and the Muslim World.
- Corporate Network Database__ Comprising of 10,000 addresses and profiles of corporate leaders and organizational reports
- Supervising Industry Review section of the Research and Development Department of ILM engaged in periodic analysis and publication of research reports on various sectors of economy;
- Data collection, data processing, data classification, and data analysis for ILM publications;
List of Publications
- Arakani Muslmanoo Ki Jidojahad-e-Azadi
(Freedom Struggle of Arakani Muslims)
- (Bosnian Tragedy)
(The Bosnia Case)
- Chechnya Kay Sarfroosh
(The Chechen Gallants)
BOOKS UNDER PROCESS
- Updation of Gharailu Encyclopedia ( Urdu Science Board, Pakistan)
- More than 300 articles on Foreign, International Relations, Economics, Culture, Politics.
- Why inter civilization dialogue is imperative for global existential crisis?
(World Congress on Islamic Systems 2011, Malaysia, Conference was held on November 28th to 30th 2011)
- Presented Research paper in International Conference in Gdansk, Poland in “Academy of Economics and International Relations” Pakistan’s role in Middle eastern Security”(May 2008)
- A Comprehensive Report on the Pharmaceutical Industry of Pakistan (PP-235) covering all aspects and dimensions of the issue, policy perspectives, comparative analysis, and global scenario.
- A Comprehensive Report on the Software Development Industry of Pakistan (PP-200) covering all aspects and dimensions of the issue, policy perspectives, comparative analysis, Regional and global scenario.
- Translated several Articles from English to Urdu which published in “ Maghrib Aur Islam” a quarterly Magazine of Institute of Policy Studies Islamabad
- Recently Translated an American Government Report into Urdu[ Changing Minds Winning peace: A new Strategic Direction For U.S. Public Diplomacy In The Arab & Muslim World]
- Translated Articles from Washington Post
- Translated Articles from Weekly Economist London
- Translated Articles from Readers Digest
- Report of the Advisory Group on Public Diplomacy for the Arab and Muslim World [S. House of Representatives]
Note: Samples can be provided on demand
Bosnia: An Interest Archive
BOSNIA: AN INTEREST ARCHIVE
- First ever article about Bosnia in August 1991 published in the Pakistan based largest International Urdu Daily, The Jang, Lahore
- First ever book on the Bosnian issue in Pakistan
- More than 100 articles about Bosnia and East European Muslim Minorities in the widely acclaimed, internationally acknowledged, and largely circulated dailies and periodicals
- Delivered several lectures about Bosnia in various Colleges and Universities during 1992-97
- Visited UAE February 2014
- Visited France May 2008
- Visited Belgium May 2008
- Visited Germany May 2008
- Visited Poland in May 2008 to attend a conference and deliver Lecture in Academy of Economics and International relations, Gdansk, Poland
- Visited Iran in 2005 to write a book on Pak-Iran relations
- Visited Bosnia Herzegovina, in 1998 to write a book about Bosnia-Post War Bosnia and its Future
- Visited Turkey, United Kingdom, Saudi Arabia in 1998.
- Visited China twice during 1992 and 1995 to study the socio-economic and geo-political conditions in China and peculiarly observe the interests and issues of Muslim Minorities
- Visited Iran in 1993to study the post-revolutionary Iranian society and its regional impact
Radio & Television
- I had current Affairs Radio Programs in Mid 80s on State Run Radio “ Radio Pakistan, Multan”
- Discussion about “Pak-Iran Relations after 9/11” on Iran’s TV “Jam-e-Jum” in Urdu Service. A 20 minutes live program in November 13, 2005.
- “History of Muslim league from 1933 to 1940” [ A panel Discussion] Pakistan’s state run TV channel “PTV World” , January 17,2007
- “ Rule of Law “ [ A panel Discussion ] private TV channel of Pakistan “Royal TV” Mid of August 2007
- “ Killing of Benazir , Pakistan’s Strategic Assets and Security of Pakistan”
[A panel Discussion] private TV channel of Pakistan “Royal TV” Mid of January 2008
- “Suicide Attacks in Pakistan”
[A panel Discussion] private TV channel of Pakistan “Royal TV” March, 16, 2008.
- Live Studio Program regarding death of Nusrat Bhutto on October 24, 2011 at Star Asia News TV Channel
- Live studio program about the Elections in Tunisia at Channel 5 News on October 26,2011
- Several Live participation on Phone Beepers in different programs of Royal TV, Star Asia News, Channel 5 ,CNBC , BBC Urdu ( Express News, Pakistan) and ARY Q during 2012-2014.
Faculty of Information Technology, University of Central Punjab