Dr. Muhammad Kamran Saleem
Dr. Muhammad Kamran Saleem is working as an Assistant Professor at the University of Central Punjab since March, 2017. He received the Ph.D. degree in Communication Engineering from King Saud University (KSU), Saudi Arabia, in 2016. The M.Sc. degree in Telecommunication Engineering from Blekinge Institute of Technology (BTH), Sweden, in 2007 and the B.Sc. degree in Electrical Engineering from the Mirpur University of Science and Technology (MUST), Pakistan in 2005.
He started his professional carrier by serving World Call (Wireless Local Loop) in 2005. After that, he proceeded abroad for MSc degree during which he served ZARM Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity, Germany in 2006. In ZARM he worked on project funded by European Space Agency (ESA) and focus of his research was on satellite formation flying missions. After successfully completing his M.Sc degree he joined (SUPARCO) as Assistant Manager (Tech) in 2007. He was promoted to Manager (Tech) in 2010. The focus of his research in SUPARCO was on microwave waveguide components for satellite payloads, during his stay there, he was awarded with the research excellence award twice in 2009 and 2010, respectively. He started PhD degree in 2011 and was awarded with the best Ph.D. student award from King Saud University in 2014.
Dr. Kamran has presented his research in various international journals and conferences and currently have published 13 journal articles (ISI, Impact factor), 2 international conference papers and 2 book chapters. He has achieved an overall impact factor of more than 15 based on his international ISI journal publications. His research interests includes,
- Radar and Navigation Systems
- Digital Communications
- Signals and Systems
- Advanced Wireless Communications
- Advanced Antenna Design
- Wireless Networks
- Ph.D, Electrical Engineering
King Saud University, Riyadh SAUDI ARABIA.
- M.Sc, Electrical Engineering
Blekinge Institute of Technology, Karlskrona SWEDEN.
- B.Sc, Electrical Engineering
Mirpur University of Science and Technology, Mirpur PAKISTAN.
List of Publications
International Journal Publications
- Muhamamd Saadi, Zeeshan Saeed, Touqeer Ahmad, M. Kamran Saleem, Lunchakorn Wuttisittikulkij, “Visible Light based Indoor Localization using k-means Clustering and Linear Regression”, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, August 2018. (ISI – I.F: 1.606)
- Muhamamd Saadi, Touqeer Ahmad, M. Kamran Saleem, Lunchakorn Wuttisittikulkij, “Visible light communication – An architectural perspective on the applications and data rate improvement strategies”, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, June, 2018. (ISI – I.F: 1.606)
- M. Kamran Saleem, Hamsakutty Vettikaladi, Majeed A. S. Alkanhal and Mohamed Himdi, “Integrated Lens Antenna for Wide Angle Beam Scanning at 79 GHz for Automotive Short Range Radar Applications, ” IEEE Transactions on Antenna and propagation, vol. 65, issue, 4, pp. 2041 – 2046, 2017. (ISI – I.F: 4.13)
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed A. S. Alkanhal, A. Fattah Sheta, M. Abdel Rahman, M. Himdi “Integrated Lens Antenna Array with Full Azimuth Plane Beam Scanning Capability at 60 GHz,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters,.vol. 59, no. 1, 2017. (ISI – I.F: 0.948)
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed Alkanhal, A. Fattah Sheta, “Switched Beam Dielectric Resonator Antenna Array with Six Reconfigurable Radiation Patterns,” International Journal of RF and Microwave Computer-Aided Engineering, vol. 26, no. 6, 2016. (ISI – I.F: 1.306)
- N. Al-Khall, M. Alduraibi, N. Debbar, M. Saleem, M. Alkanhal, A. Sebak, and M. Abdel-Rahman, “Photolithographically definable SU-8 – Alumina composite for W-band dielectric resonator antennas, vol. 11, iss. 4, pp. 224-229, 2016. (ISI – I.F: 0.814)
- H. Vettikalladi, M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed A.S. Alkanhal, “Membrane Antenna Array based on Substrate Integrated Waveguide Technology for 94 GHz Communications Systems,” International Journal of Microwave and Wireless Technologies, vol. 8, no. 3, pp. 633-641, 2016. (ISI – I.F: 0.745)
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed Alkanhal, A. Fattah Sheta, “Switch Beam Dielectric Resonator Array with Four Reconfigurable Radiation Patterns,” Microwave and Optical Technology Letters, vol. 58, pp. 86-92, 2015. (ISI – I.F: 0.948)
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed A.S. Alkanhal and A. Fattah Sheta, “Two Element Dielectric Resonator Antenna with Beam Switching,” Journal of Applied Computational Electromagnetic Society, vol. 30, no. 11, pp. 1209-1214, 2015. (ISI – I.F: 0.810)
- M. Abdel-Rahman, M. Kamran Saleem, Najeeb Al-Khalli, Nacer Debbar, Majeed A. S. Alkanhal, A. R. Sebak, “Fabrication and Characterization of a W-band Cylindrical Dielectric Resonator Antenna-Coupled Niobium Microbolometer,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2015. (ISI – I.F: 1.378)
- M. Kamran Saleem, M. Alkanhal, A. F. Sheta, “Dual Strip Excited Dielectric Resonator Antenna with Parasitic Strips for Radiation Pattern Reconfigurability,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2014. (ISI – I.F: 1.378)
- M. Kamran Saleem, M. Abdel-Rahman, A. R. Sebak, Majeed Alkanhal, “A Cylindrical Dielectric Resonator Antenna-Coupled Sensor Configuration for 94 GHz Detection,” International Journal of Antennas and Propagation, 2014. (ISI – I.F: 1.378)
International Conference Publications
- M. Kamran Saleem, A. Fattah Sheta, Majeed Alkanhal, “Wide Band Hybrid Dielectric Resonator Antenna with Beam Steering Capabilities,” 15th International Symposium of ANtenna Technology and applied ElectroMagnetics, France, June 2012.
- M. Kamran Saleem, A. Fattah Sheta, Majeed Alkanhal, “Two Element Hybrid Dielectric Resonator Antenna Array With Beam Steering Capability,” Saudi Technical Exchange meeting, Saudi Arabia, Dec 2012.
1. M. Kamran Saleem, Mingyang Xie, et al. State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, China, The Belt and Road Initiative, (http://english.gov.cn/beltAndRoad/), Research Grant No. DL20180096. (PKR 2.1 Million) (June, 2018 – June 2020).
- M. Kamran Saleem “Electrostatic Forces for Swarm Navigation and Reconfiguration,” LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, ISBN: 978-3-8383-6490-2, 2010.
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed Alkanhal, “Millimeter-Wave Pattern Reconfigurable Antennas,” Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, pp. 265-282. Springer, ISBN: 978-3-319-63966-6, 2018.
- M. Kamran Saleem, Majeed Alkanhal, H. Vettikaladi, “Wide-Angle Beam Scanning Antenna at 79 GHz for Short-Range Automotive Radar Applications,” Antenna Fundamentals for Legacy Mobile Applications and Beyond, pp. 283-303. Springer, ISBN: 978-3-319-63966-6, 2018.
Faculty of Electrical Engineering, University of Central Punjab