Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Shad
HoD, Mechanical Engineering Department
Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Shad holds PhD from University of INSA, Toulouse, France with specialization in Applied Mechanics. His research work was in linear and nonlinear rotor-dynamics and composite rotors. He obtained his Master’s, degree in Aerospace Mechanical Engineering from INSA/SUPAERO, France. During his Masters, he conducted research on nonlinear auto parametric systems. He has been a member of some of the highly ranked research groups in France like Institute Clament Ader (ICA) and LGMT. He has presented his work in international conferences and has also published in impact factor journals. In Pakistan, he has been educated in institutes like UET Lahore, Govt. College Lahore, and Sadiq Public School, Bahawalpur. He is a profound professional having industrial as well as research experience. Dr. Muhammad Rizwan Shad has been working as Head of the Mechanical Engineering Department at UCP for 6 yrs (2011-2017). His area of specialization is Applied Mechanics, Nonlinear Vibrations, Rotor dynamics, Engineering Failure Analysis and Outcome Based Education. He has work experience of 14 years.
- Mechanical Vibrations
- Fracture & Failure Analysis (M.Sc.)
- Investigations of Nonlinear Vibrations of rotor systems
- Development of Subsonic Open Wind Tunnel
- Measurement of Residual Stresses in Welded Joints
- Failure Analysis of Automobile Stub- axle
- Development of End Quenching apparatus to measure hardenability of metals
- Implementation of Outcome Based Education at Faculty of Engineering of UCP
List of Publications
- Muhammad Rizwan Shad, Guilhem Michon and Alain Berlioz, Nonlinear Dynamics of Rotors due to Large Deformations and Shear Effects, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vol 110-116 (2012), pp 3593-3599. DOI: 10.4028/www.scientific.net/AMM.110-116.3593.
- R. Shad, G. Michon, A. Berlioz, 2011, “A study of the dynamic behavior of geometrically nonlinear shaft-disk rotor systems using analytical and numerical approaches”, Mécanique & Industries, 2011.
- R. Shad, G. Michon, A. Berlioz, 2010, “Modeling and Analysis of Nonlinear Rotordynamics due to Higher Order Deformations in Bending”, Journal of Applied Mathematical Modeling.
- R. Shad, G. Michon, A. Berlioz, 2010 “Nonlinear Dynamics of Rotors due to Large Deformations and Shear Effects”, in Proceedings of the International Conference on Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering (ICMAE), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, pp. 100-104. ISBN: 978-1-4244-8770-7.
- R. Shad , G. Michon and A. Berlioz. Analytical and numerical investigations of no- linear dynamics of rotors taking into account the effect of dynamic axial force and shear deformations. Proceedings of XVIIth Symposium of Vibration Shock and Noise, Lyon, France 2010.
(042) 35880007 (162)
University of Central Punjab Faculty of Mechanical Engineering