Liaquat Majeed Sheikh
M.Sc (Computer Science) 1981. Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
M.Sc (Mathematics) 1974. University of Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
Oct. 1999 – August 2000. Manager Quality, SoftNet Systems (Pvt.) Limited, Lahore, Pakistan.
June 1991 – September 1999. Computer System Designer, G.T.Z. German Technical Cooperation Cricket House, Lahore, Pakistan.
August 1983 – March 1986. Deputy Director, Pakistan Agricultural Research Council, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January 1983 – March 1986. Computer Consultant, Computer Professional Consultancy, Islamabad, Pakistan.
January 1982 – October 1982. Computer Programmer, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Islamabad, Pakistan.
March 1978 – December 1978. Office, Habib Bank Limited, Pakistan.
September 2012 – date. Associate Professor, UCP, Lahore, Pakistan.
September 2000 – December 2012. Associate Professor, NU-FAST, Lahore, Pakistan.
Sept. 1999 – Aug. 2000. Visiting Faculty, NU-FAST, National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, Lahore, Pakistan.
Jan. 1993-Aug. 1999. Visiting Faculty, PAK-AIMS, Lahore.
April 1986 – Nov. 1990. Lecturer, Department of Computer Sciences,
University of Sebha, Sebah, Libya.
Jan. 1983- Mar. 1986. Visiting Faculty, Computer Professional Center, Islamabad, Pakistan.
Sept. 1982 – Aug. 1983. Lecturer, Administrative Department, Quaid-e-Azam University, Islamabad, Pakistan.
May 1976-Dec. 1976. Lecturer, Senior School, Aitchison College, Lahore, Pakistan.
Jan. 1976-May 1976. Visiting Lecturer, F.C. College, Lahore, Pakistan.
- Involved in research of computational linguistics emphasis on Urdu and Regional Languages of Pakistan.
- MSc. Thesis titled “Numerical simulation of Steady, incompressible and viscous fluid flows using finite element methods”
- Supervised the following research activities of research associate of Master of Computer Science:
- Thesis for “Current Research Information System of Pakistan (CRISP)”
- Thesis for “Current Arid Research Information System (CARIS)”
- Supervised many projects for under graduate students
- Established research lab in “Center of Knowledge Engineering” in NU-FAST.
- “Interesting Measures for Mining Association Rules” accepted in IEEE-INMIC, 2004, Lahore
- “An Adaptive Multi-thresholding Technique for Binarization” accepted in WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on INFORMATION SCIENCES and APPLICATION, Issue 8, Vol. 2 August 2005, ISSN 1709-0832, Page 1202
- “Implementation Issues of eGovernance”, International conference on eGovernance, LUMS, Lahore, Decmber 2005
- “Automation of Financial Loaning System: Accuracy Comparison of ID3 and C4.5 on Financial Data”, WSEAS TRANSACTIONS on INFORMATION SCIENCES and APPLICATION, Issue 4, Vol. 3 April 2006, ISSN 1709-0832, Page 852
- “Automation of Financial Loaning System An Analysis of Classification Algorithms on Different Data Views”, WSEAS International Conference, Madrid,14-16 Feb. 2006
- “A Hybrid Predictive Approach for Real Time Domain” in 5th IEEE International Conference on Computer Science Research, Innovation and Vision for Future RIVF 2007, at Hanoi University of Technology, Vietnam. Attended the conference from 5 – 9 March, 2007.
- “PsycheTagger – Using Hidden Markov Model to Annotate English Text with Semantic Tags based on Emotive Content“, WSEAS International Conference,Cambridge,22-27 Feb. 2012