Bilal Ilahi got his B.Comm from the Punjab University and MBA degree from USA in 1977. Before joining UCP in 2011, he was managing his textile mill. He also has business experience in the construction sector in Pakistan and the hotel industry in USA. While managing his business in Lahore, he was part of the visiting faculty of GCU Lahore and LUMS. He has also lectured at the Civil Services Academy and ICAP. His book “Contemporary Business Environment” published in 2015 is the prescribed textbook for courses in two business schools.
- International Business
- International Relations
- Multinational Management
- Business Policy & Strategy
- Strategic Management
- Product & Price Strategy
- Business Model Development & Innovation
- Leadership & Executive Development
- Leadership & Professional Development
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Management
- Management of Organizations
Author of “Contemporary Business Environment” book published in 2015
Business & Work Experience
2011-Present: Assistant Professor, University of Central Punjab.
2006-2010: Management Consultant, Trainer and University Visiting Faculty.
1991-2004: CEO / Director, Granada Textile Mills, Lahore, Pakistan.
Granada Textile Mills is a yarn manufacturing textile mills of 19, 000 spindles capacity exporting to S. Korea, Turkey, Hong Kong etc. and selling in the local market in Pakistan.
1988-1991: CEO, Metrocon, Lahore, Pakistan.
Metrocon was a construction firm involved in the building of single family homes in Lahore, Pakistan.
1980-1988: President / Director. Inns Management Inc. Santa Fe, NM, USA.
Inns Management Inn was a motel management company.
1978-1980: Officer. Bank of Credit and Commerce International. Lahore, Pakistan.
2006-Present: Conducted workshops for MCB Bank, National Bank of Pakistan, The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan (ICAP),Habib Bank Ltd, Bank of Punjab, Bank Alfalah, United Bank Limited, Allied Bank Limited, Pakistan State Oil, NIBAF (State Bank of Pakistan) etc. on topics relating to global markets, etc.
1) “Understanding the Business Pages” (8-16 hours)
2) “Understanding the Global Markets” (8 hours)
3) “Monetary Policies and Currencies” (3 hours)
4) “The Banking System” (Habib Bank Limited, Module S-8)
5) “China Price and its impact on Pakistan’s exports” (1 ½ hours)
6) “The Economics of Crude Oil” (1½ hours)
7) “$, Gold and Crude Oil” (3 hours)
8) “Geo-politics of Energy” (1½ hours)
Teaching Experience (visiting & permanent faculty)
2002- Present: Taught MBA and BBA classes at Beaconhouse Business School, Lahore (collaboration with Curtin University, Australia), ICBS Lahore, University of Central Punjab and Government College University, Lahore. Subjects; Business Policy, Strategic Management, Economic Indicators and Global Markets, Managing Innovation in Organizations & International Relations, International Business, etc.
Also, lectured at LUMS and the Civil Services Academy, Lahore.
- Author of the MBA text-book “Contemporary Business Environment” (2015)
- Articles published on management and economic issues in The DAWN, The News and The Business Recorder.
- Currencies & Commodities analyst for Business Plus TV Channel, CNBC (Pakistan) and business programs of Dawn TV and Aaj TV.
- Member Managing Committee Gulab Devi Hospital, Lahore.
- Trustee of Dr. Ameer-ud-din Trust.
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab