Mahwish Hassan is currently working as a Lecturer in Center for Applicable Mathematics and Statistics (CAMS) in UCP Business School. She did her M.Phil in Statistics from Kinnaird College, Lahore and M.Sc. in Statistics from University of Peshawar. She started her professional career with very reputed educational institutes in Lahore including LACAS & LGS about 10 years ago. Her area of research is Self-Inverse Probability Model (Applied Statistics).She is teaching various subjects to BBA and MBA.
- Business Statistics
- Basic Mathematics
- College Mathematics
- Business Calculus
- Efficient lesson plans
- Strong organizational skills
- Superb classroom management skills
- Solid background in math principles and practices
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics
CAREER AND ACHIEVEMENTS
- UCP (University of Central Punjab)
Lecturer (UCP Business School), (Working till date…)
Teacher (Mathematics), 6 months
Teacher (Mathematics), 5 years
- APWA College For Women
Lecturer (Statistics), 1 year
- Made lesson plans for higher grades
- Conducted tests and made reports of their progress
- Helped in preparing Math and Statistics study material
- Personal attention to a few low graders
COURSES AND TRAININGS
- Participation in the workshop on “taking teaching seriously”
By Abbas Husain (director teacher’s development center)
- Participation in the workshop on “classroom management”
- Participation in the workshop on “activity-based learning”
- Participation in the workshop on “framing questions”
- Participation in the workshop on “dynamics of group/pair work”
- Participation in the workshop on “magic classroom management”
- Participation in the workshop on “reflection of the lesson”
- Participation in the workshop on “assessment of the student”
- Participation in the kinnaird college statistics festival & statistical poster competition” as a member of organizing committee.
- Participation in the workshop on ”statistical analysis through computers”
“ON A SELF-INVERSE PROBABILITY MODEL INVOLVING THE MACDONALD FUNCTION”
Proc. 9th International Conference on Statistical Sciences Lahore, Pakistan –
July 5-6, 2012, Vol. 22, pp 473-478
I have derived a self-inverse (SCUI) density function in my M.Phil. Research. My future research is to develop the bivariate version of my density function on the foundations of my PhD and to apply the statistical inference (Testing of hypothesis, Confidence Interval) on this density function.
- Interactive and participative teaching style
- Ability to create Math games
- Great problem solving skills
- Good math facilitator
- Excellent communication skills
- Sharp and a sensible guide to students.
- Analyze my methods and search for creative techniques to solve problems.
- Different approach to Math is from the actual bookish methods.
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab