Ms. Yakhshi Saleem has been serving at UCP as a lecturer in FMCS Since 2015. With major interests in TV, Radio and Film production, she completed her M.Phil. in Media Studies (Professional track) from Kinnaird College Lahore. She has also remained associated with Dunya TV for a professional training program and Radio Kinnaird as a Presenter. Besides teaching, she has an extensive experience of managing the administrative tasks. Ms. Yakhshi is a member of the team who pioneered the launch of 24/7 campus radio setup 92.6 FM UCP ki Dunya. She has headed the UCP Media Club as a Patron for two years and organized the first ever Film and Documentary Competition at UCP with the title of “UCP Dream and Screen Contest”. Her areas of expertise are Broadcast journalism, TV/Radio production and Visual communication.
- Visual communication
- Video Production
- Broadcast Journalism
- News Editing
- Media Seminar
- Phil (Media Studies)
Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan.
- BA Honors (Mass Communication)
Kinnaird College for Women, Lahore, Pakistan
- September 2015 – date.Lecturer, SMCS, UCP.
- March 2015 – June 2015.Trainee Associate Producer, Dunya TV.
- September 2012 – December 2013.Radio Presenter and Reporter, Radio Kinnaird 97.6 FM
- Saleem, Y., Ramzan, M. & Adeeb, H. (2020) “Empirical evidences and pubic perception of ethical standards violation by TV channels” Pakistan Journal of Information Science, Vol 51 (4).
- Saleem, Y., Ramzan, M., Adeeb, H. & Akram, I. (2021) “Dissemination of sensational news and media regulatory authorities in Pakistan” Pakistan Journal of Information Science, Vol 52 (2).
Presented a research paper titled, “Public perceptions concerning violations of ethical standards in Television News” at International Media conference 2018 organized by Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, UCP.
- Launched the 24/7 campus radio setup UCP ki Dunya 92.6 FM.
- Established a state of the art Production House “UCP TV”, NLE Lab and Film and Theatre Center at FMCS, UCP.
- Organized the first ever Film and Documentary Competition at UCP with the title of “UCP Dream and Screen Contest”.
- Lead the public relations team for Media Coverage of International Conference on Contemporary Issues in Business Management held at University of Central Punjab by UCP Business School.
- Represented UCP at the provincial forum for production of creative content for a peace and tolerance organized by Information and Culture Department, Government of Punjab.
Faculty of Media and Communication Studies, University of Central Punjab