This program is spread over a period of two years, divided into four semesters with total 67 Credit hours.
M.Sc. Journalism & Mass Communication (4-Semester Program)
Year 1, Semester 1Course Code Title Cr. Hrs.
- JMS 5414Media History (Pre andPost Partition)4
- JMS 5422Computer Skills2
- JMS 5433News Writing andEditing (English/Urdu) (Print Media)3
- JMS 5443Introduction to Mass Communication3
- JMS 5453Language and Communication3
- JMS 5463Fundamentals of Production (Pre andPost Production)3
Year 1, Semester 2Course Code Title Cr. Hrs.
- JMS 5473Media Laws and Ethics3
- JMS 5483Current Affairs3
- JMS 5493News Writing and Editing (English/Urdu) (TV and RD)3
- JMS 5403Broadcast Journalism (TV and RD)3
- JMS 5413Development Communication3
- JMS 5423Visual Communication (Graphic Designing, Photography, Cinematography and Animations)3
Year 2, Semester 3Course Code Title Cr. Hrs.
- JMS 6413Foundation of Advertising and Public Relations3
- JMS 6423Foundation of Behavioral Research3
- JMS 6433Mass Communication Theories3
- JMS 6443Feature, Column and Editorial Writing (Training and Practice)3
- JMS 6453Contemporary World Media Or Crisis Management Communication3
Year 2, Semester 4Course Code Title Cr. Hrs.
- JMS 6403Advance Reporting / Mass Media and Society (Training and Practice)/Media Management3
- JMS 6473Issues in Mass Communication3
- JMS 6483International Communication3
- JMS 6493Internship 13
- JMS 6404Research Report/Project/Optional Course 24
BA, B.Com., B.Sc., BCS (2 Years) or equivalent qualification with at least 45% marks. Applicants will have to go through an in-house interview.
After completing this two years degree, students can get job opportunities in Radio, TV, Newspapers. They can serve as Public Relation Officers, scriptwriters, Producers, Directors, Audio/Video graphic designers. They can work as Non-Linear Editors, Sub-editors, Writers, Reporters, Columnist and Feature Writers. They can produce documentaries, videos on different topics and can cater to the demands of the media industry.
MSc Journalism & Mass Communication ( 2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester