Meaning and Importance of Research, Nature of Research: Positivism and Normatism,Types of Research: Theoretical Research, Empirical Research and Pragmatic Research, Characteristics of Scientific Research, Purpose of The Research and Steps of Social Research, Problems in Social Research, Objectives of Research.
- Formulation of Research Problem
Topic selection: Problem Identification, Statement of the problem, Factors affecting the research topic, Guidelines to select the research topic.
Type of Study: Descriptive and Exploratory Study, Literature Review, Theoretical Framework, Selection of Appropriate Research Methods to Test the Hypotheses, Sample Selection: Sampling Techniques, Choice of Specific Technique(s) for Current Research.
- Data Collection
Types of Data: Primary and Secondary Data, Use of Relevant Data for The Research, Observation, Interview and Questionnaire, Characteristics of Developing Good Questionnaire.
- Presentation and Analysis of Data
Tabulation of data, Data Analysis Applying Suitable Statistical and Econometric Techniques, Parametric and Non- Parametric Analysis, Testing the Relationship between the Economic Variables, Quantifying the Relationship between the Variables.
- Research Proposal
Importance of Research Proposal, Characteristics of Research Proposal, Steps of Research Proposal: Introduction, Identification/ Statement of The Problem, Literature
Review: Studying Background Material for Problem Exploration, Methodology, Justification and Objectives of the Study.
- Research Report /Thesis Presentation
Introduction and Review of Literature [Optional for Research Report], Methodology and Result Discussions, Conclusions and Policy Recommendations/ Suggestions, References.
- Babbie, Earl R. The Practice of Social Research. Cengage Learning.
- Best, John W. and James V. Kahn. Research in Education. Pearson.
- Ethridge, Don E. Research Methodology in Applied Economics. Wiley-Blackwell
- Leedy, Paul D. and Jeanne Ellis Ormrod. Practical Research Planning and Design. Pearson.
- McCloskey, Deirdre. Economical Writing. Waveland Press.
- Neuman, W. Lawrence. Social Research Methods: Qualitative and Quantitative Pearson.
- Ormerod, Paul. Why Most Things Fail: Evolution, Extinction and Economics. Pantheon.
- Sekaran, Uma and Roger Bougie. Research Methods for Business. Wiley.
- Varian, Hal. How to Build an Economic Model in Your Spare Time. The University of Michigan Press, 1998.
- Zikmund, William G. Business Research Methods. Cengage Learning.