M.Phil. / MS program in English Literature is a 02 Years Degree Program that will cover core areas of English Literature, and Literary Theory. This program will offer candidates the opportunity to acquire knowledge and understanding of a range of issues concerning English Literature.
The Department aims to strive for academic excellence through research based, interactive and collaborative learning in a very conducive, learner friendly environment.
The program primarily aims at producing effective professionals in the discipline of English Literature who will be able to contribute in different practical and research fields of Literature. To achieve the said goal, the program will offer a broad range of cautiously selected courses. These courses will provide the students with requisite and fundamental knowledge of theoretical underpinnings in the field of English Literature. Similarly, the candidates will be trained both in theory and practice by applying the theoretical knowledge gained in practical and meaning oriented field research. It also aims at providing crucial preparation for writing the dissertation and making substantial contributions to work in students’ chosen field(s).
The overall objectives of the program are in line with the vision of the Higher Education Commission of Pakistan to promote academic and research excellence.
The fundamental objectives of the program are as listed below:
- • To provide a solid foundation in the field of English
- • To groom our students into proficient professionals and researchers.
- • To prepare and develop a body of competent professionals in the domain of research and teaching
- • To pursue and encourage indigenous research into formal and social aspects of Literatures.
- Total Number of Credit Hours: 30
- Duration: 2 Year
- Course Load per Semester: 6-9 Credit Hrs.
- Number of Courses per Semester: 2-3