- The total duration of the Program is 4 years (8 Semesters).
- Securing the final Cumulative Grade Point Average of not less than 2.00/4.00
- Minimum Credit Hours: 132
Program Structure of BS International Relations
- S. No. Name of Courses Abbreviations No. of Courses Total Credit Hours
- 1Compulsory CoursesCC09(9 x 3) = 27
- 2Interdisciplinary CoursesIDC09(9 x 3) = 27
- 3Discipline Specific CoursesSC11(11x3) = 33
- 4Major CoursesMC11(11 x 3) =33
- 5Elective CoursesEC04(4 x 3) = 12
- Total Courses44Total Credit Hrs. = 132
Course Plan For BS International Relations
Year 1, Semester 1Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 2IRHU1003Pakistan StudiesCompulsory3
- 3IRCS1003Introduction to Information TechnologyCompulsory3
- 4IR1103Introduction to Political ScienceDiscipline Specific3
- 5IR1113Introduction to International RelationsDiscipline Specific3
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 2IRHU1013Islamic Studies/EthicsCompulsory3
- 3IRXXxxx3IDC 2Interdisciplinary3
- 4IR1223Geo-Political Structure of the WorldDiscipline Specific3
- 5IREC1003Principles of EconomicsCompulsory3
- 6IRHU1023Quantitative Methods in Social SciencesCompulsory3
Year 2, Semester 3Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 2IR2213International Relations: 1918 OnwardsDiscipline Specific3
- 5IR2123History of Political ThoughtDiscipline Specific3
Year 2, Semester 4Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 3IR2403Research Methodology for Social SciencesDiscipline Specific3
- 4IR2203Approaches and Theories of International RelationsDiscipline Specific3
Year 3, Semester 5Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1IR3133Political Systems of the WorldDiscipline Specific4
- 2IR3233Public International LawDiscipline Specific3
- 3IR3303Regional and International OrganizationsDiscipline Specific3
- 4IR3403Foreign Policy AnalysisDiscipline Specific3
Year 3, Semester 6Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1IR3243International Economics: Issues and InstitutionsMajor4
- 2IR3423Foreign Policy of PakistanMajor3
- 3IR3433Defence and Strategic StudiesMajor3
- 4IR3463Politics of Social & Environmental IssuesMajor3
- 5IR3473Emerging Security Concepts: Issues in Regional & Global SecurityMajor3
Year 4, Semester 7Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1IR4253International Relations in South AsiaMajor4
- 2IR4453Comparative Foreign Policy of Major Powers: US, Russia, China Major3
- 3IR4413Political EconomyMajor3
- 4IR4483Issues in Arms Control Disarmament and Nuclear ProliferationMajor3
- 5IR4433Contemporary Issues in Politics and Economy of Pakistan Major3
Year 4, Semester 8Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1IR4443Conflict Management And ResolutionsMajor4
- 2IR4xx3Elective-I Elective3
- 5IR4xx3Elective-IV Elective3
A candidate must have Intermediate Certificate in Arts, Sciences or Commerce from a recognized Board/ Institution of higher education in Pakistan or A-Levels from an English Educational System with minimum 45% marks or equivalent. Candidates are also required to appear in an in-house written test.
The BS International Relations program aims to prepare students having deep knowledge of the subject as well as the ability to analyze any given situation and draw out conclusions. The graduates are to be equipped with the essential tools and techniques of research to enable them to analyze emerging situations and issues. They are prepared to comprehend multifaceted issues of the contemporary domestic, world politics and foreign policy issues enabling them to establish a viable and forceful link between theory, concepts and practices in the field of Governance, Research, and International entities engaged in Business, Social and Humanitarian services.
BS International Relations ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Sr. No. Description Admission Fee Rate per credit hour (Existing) Fee per Credit Hour
- 1BS IR25,0005,3335,300