Course is aimed at providing g students with basic understanding of Psychopathologies. It will further provide them understanding about the basic theories of psychiatric disorders and etiological factors of psychopathologies.
At the completion of the course student should be able to show critical evaluation of classification systems of psychodiagnosis, etiological theories and an ability of diagnosis and documentation of assessment.
The course includes Introduction to psychodiagnosis, interview skills, criteria for diagnosing the psychological disorders diagnosed during adulthood (e.g. cognitive disorders, psychotic disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, personality disorders); and their specifications like, prevalence, courses, relapse rate which are the basis of Multi Axial diagnoses. Likewise, practical training for psychological assessment tools applicable for adult population (e.g. IQ test, Personality test achievement test) would be given, required for diagnosing psychological disorders during adulthood. The training would include administration, scoring and interpretation of assessment tools. Moreover, Comparison and contrast between Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders and International Classification of Diseases (ICD). Use of DSM IV in Diagnosing; Use of ICD-10 in Diagnosing
The course is embedded with clinical placements, so the course must be taken simultaneously with the placement.
1. The Complete Personality Assessment: Psychometric Tests to Reveal Your True Potential (Careers & Testing) (Original Edition). Jim Barrett.,&Hugh
2. Modern Psychometrics: The Science of Psychological Assessment (3rd Edition).John Rust., &Susan Golombok. Routledge (2009).
3. Psychological Assessment and Report Writing. Karen Goldfinger., &
Andrew M. Pomerantz. Sage Publications, Inc.(2009)
9. An Introduction to Psychological Assessment and Psychometrics. Keith Coaley. Sage Publications Ltd.(2010).
10. Foundations of Psychological Testing: A Practical Approach (3rd Edition). Leslie A. Miller, Sandra A. McIntire, &Robert L. Lovler. Sage
11. Essentials of Forensic Psychological Assessment (Essentials of Psychological Assessment) (2ndEdition).Marc J. Ackerman. Wiley (2010)
12. Psychological Testing: History, Principles, and Applications (6th Edition).Robert J. Gregory. Prentice Hall (2010)
13. Psychological Testing and Assessment: An Introduction to Tests and Measurement (7th Edition). Ronald Jay Cohen.,&Mark Swerdlik.
McGraw-Hill Humanities/ Social Sciences/ Languages (2009)
14. Integrative Assessment of Adult Personality (3rd Edition). T. Mark Harwood. , Larry E. Beutler.,& Gary Groth-Marnat. The Guilford Press (2011)