Dr. Ansa Qurat-ul-Ain is a gold medalist in Masters in Applied Psychology and she won scholarship for doctoral degree from University Utara Malaysia. She completed her doctoral degree in Applied Psychology.
She has two years teaching experience. Five publications are on her credit and she also presented papers in International conferences in Singapore, Thailand, Australia and Dubai. Her areas of interests are counseling psychology, positive psychology and cognitive psychology.
- Counseling and Guidance
- Theories of personality
PhD in Psychology (Clinical Psychology)
University Utara, Malaysia
Masters in Applied Psychology – (Gold Medallist)
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
Bachelors in Science
The Islamia University of Bahawalpur
The Government College for Women
Lecturer of Applied Psychology
Islamia University of Bahawalpur, Pakistan
Providing Psychology related knowledge to university students, enhancing extracurricular skills and Counselling sessions for the career development.
Roots IVY International School
Tailoring the environment to meet perceptions of the child’s need and to protect and built the self-esteem and confidence in a child by facilitating the communication among students and teachers and to resolve the conflicts of the growing age of the child.
English Language Instructor
British University College
To make students proficient in English Language and have a full command over the language while preparing them how to cope in an environment where English is used as a first language.
- Socio-Economic and Psychological Determinants of Drug Addiction: An Empirical Investigation of Bahawalpur Division (2014).
- Assessing Postgraduate Students’ Critical Thinking Ability (2015).
- Physical Caregiving and Stress – An examination of Mediating Role of Social Support to Caregivers (2017).
- Influence of Emotional Caregiving in Presence of Social Support as a Mediating Variable on Caregivers’ Stress of Cancer Children in Pakistan (2017).
- International Outbound Mobility Program at Murdoch University, Perth, Australia (2017)
- International Outbound Mobility Program at Bansomdejchaopraya Rajabhat University, Bangkok, Thailand (2017)
- International Conference on Education and Social Sciences, Singapore (2017)
Awards and Honors
- Won Best Paper Award in South Asian International Conference 2014
- Bronze Medallist in Science Olympiad organized by Intel 2006
+92-42-35880007 Ext: 673
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, University of Central Punjab
Ayesha Kashif completed MS Clinical Psychology from University of Central Punjab, Lahore and M. Sc. Psychology from Govt. College University, Lahore. She is currently serving at UCP as Assistant Professor of Psychology in FASS. She has received her academic training from Kinnaird College Lahore. She has vast experience of teaching and training in different financial and educational institutions of Lahore. She has also worked in different hospitals as Clinical Psychologist (Psycho diagnosis and psychotherapy) Moreover she has also work experience in the field of vocational and student counseling. She is also the creator of UCP Dramatics Club, which has always gained the top positions in different competitions held by HEC and other institutions including Govt. of the Punjab. Her area of interest in research is mainly geriatric depression.
- Behavioural Therapy
- Psychological Assessment II
- Experimental Psychology
To treat and provide research on the people who have psychological disorders or emotional difficulties; on human behavior and how people think, and to provide effective clinical treatment in a compassionate, appropriate way. Moreover to teach my students effectively for the management of mental health issues and contribute positively towards the promotion of psychological wellbeing in the society.
2002 to Date, University of Central Punjab, Lahore, Pakistan.
Assistant Professor / Clinical Psychologist:
It has been more than one decade with UCP as Asst. Prof. and Clinical Psychologist. Dedication to work has led to the status of most favorite professors of the university, which is reflected by students’ feedback in almost every semester.
Worked in different hospitals of Lahore as Clinical Psychologist. Moreover also has vast work experience in the field of vocational and student counseling in the management of psychological and emotional issues of youth.
Other duties include:
- Students Counseling & Guidance:
Counseling is the core competence; due to which numerous students’ general motivation has become immensely enhanced. This resulted in life changing sessions, leading them to be more productive and good human beings; adding great value for institution and society.
- Patron & Creator of the leading club of the university “Dramatics Club”
It has always gained the top positions in different performing arts competitions held by HEC and other institutions including Govt. of the Punjab.
- Psychotherapy of Anxiety, Stress, OCD & Depression amongst students, faculty and staff.
- Organized numerous international level events including “Youth Performing Arts Festival” in collaboration with “Rafi Peer Theater”, invited and managed teams from all across the globe.
- Headed numerous donation campaigns for flood and earthquake victims, invited known celebrities.
- Helped numerous victims; which improved University’s reputation.
- Stress Management, World Times Magazine Jun 2010
- Is it more important “to love or to be loved?”, World Times Magazine Aug 2010
- Depression More Frequent in Women, Chef Special, Volume-I, and Issue IX
- Over Eating & Stress, Chef Special, Volume-I, and Issue X (Feb 2011)
- Relationship break-ups, World Times Magazine Mar 2011
- Aggression Management, World Times Magazine Apr 2011
- Mother’s Love (Mother’s Day), World Times Magazine May 2011
- Common Problems of Students, World Times Magazine Jun 2011
- Examination Stress, World Times Magazine Jul 2011
- Marriage (Leap of Faith), ASIANA Wedding Pakistan, Vol 1. Issue 2. 2011
- Opposite Attracts, World Times Magazine Sep 2011
- Dowry (Evil or Tradition), World Times Magazine Oct 2011
1995 to 2002, CitiBank N.A. Lahore, Pakistan
National MIS Officer & Training Coordinator, (March 2000 to Aug 2002)
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
- Initiating Training Programs, facilitation of Knowledge building and sharing
- Development of Crisis Monitoring information.
- Service layout Management/Customer Flow & Anxiety Control.
Collection’s Supervisor, (Jan 1995 to March 2000)
Key Achievements & Responsibilities:
- Troubleshooting Customer Issues.
- Team Building & Training.
Contributed numerous Training Modules to CitiBank N.A. Including:
- Stress Management
- Effective Communication Skills and Time Management
- CACS Training Manuals for Officers & Supervisors
- Relationship Building
|Qualification||Passing Year, Institution||CGPA / Division|
|MS (Clinical Psychology)||2016, University of Central Punjab Lahore||CGPA (3.59)|
|M.Sc. (Psychology)||1995, Government College Lahore||1st|
|B.A||1991, Kinnaird College Lahore||1st|
|F.A||1989, Kinnaird College Lahore||1st|
|Matric||1987, Cathedral School Lahore||1st|
Capability of project management, seminar and workshop conduction, and counseling has been area of expertise.
Assessing, Delegating, Reporting and Coordinating techniques can easily be recognized through frequent additional projects that have been handled joyfully while keeping them cost efficient.
042-35880007 Ext: 212
Faculty of Psychology, University of Central Punjab
Dr. Ansa Qurat ul Ain
Ms. Ayesha Kashif
Department of Psychology