- To develop vision of Historical Perspective, Government, Politics, Contemporary Pakistan, and the ideological background of Pakistan.
- To study foreign policy of Pakistan and its effects on international relations and the region.
- To study the process of governance, national development, issues arising in the modern age and posing Challenges to Pakistan.
- Pakistan Studies (Course Pack) by Prof Zahid Aziz
- A Short History of Pakistan by M.D. Zafar (Aziz Book Depot)
- Pakistan Studies by M. Ikram Rabbani (Caravan Book House- Lahore)
- Burki, ShahidJaved. State & Society in Pakistan, the Macmillan Press Ltd 1980.
- Akbar, S. Zaidi. Issue in Pakistan’s Economy. Karachi: Oxford University Press, 2000.
- M. Burke and Lawrence Ziring. Pakistan’s Foreign policy: A Historical analysis. Karachi: Oxford University Press, 1993.
- Mehmood, Safdar. Pakistan Political Roots &Development. Lahore, 1994.
- Wilcox, Wayne.The Emergence of Bangladesh, Washington: American Enterprise, Institute of Public Policy Research, 1972.
- Mehmood, Safdar. Pakistan KayyunToota, Lahore: Idara-e-Saqafat-e-Islamia, Club Road
- Amin, Tahir. Ethno – National Movement in Pakistan, Islamabad: Institute of Policy Studies, Islamabad.
- Afzal, M. Rafique. Political Parties in Pakistan, Vol.I, II & III. Islamabad: National Institute of Historical and cultural Research, 1998.
- Sayeed, Khalid Bin. The Political System of Pakistan. Boston: Houghton Mifflin, 1967.
- Aziz, K.K. Party, Politics in Pakistan, Islamabad: National Commission on Historical and Cultural Research, 1976.