CGPA Req. for Degree: 2.50 or more
- Option # 1: 30 Credit hours course work (10 Courses)
- Option # 2: Minimum 24 Credit Hours course work (8 courses) + 6 Credit Hours thesis
Year 1, Semester 1Module name (W) Cr.Hrs.
- ME-5123 Fracture and Failure Analysis (Core, 3 Credit Hours)Course work of 24 Credit hours with 3 Core Courses
- ME-5113 Modeling and Simulation (Core, 3 Credit Hours)
- ME-6423 CFD for Engineering Applications(Elective, 3 Credit Hours)
- 01 Elective Course (3 Credit Hours)
Year 1, Semester 2Module name (W) Cr.Hrs.
- ME-5323 Automotive Powertrains (Core, 3 Credit Hours)
- ME-6533 Robotics and Control (Elective, 3 Credit Hours)
- ME-6063- Aerodynamics (3 Credit Hours)
- ME6513-Research Methodology (Elective, 3 Credit Hours)
Year 2, Semester 3Module name (W) Cr.Hrs.
- ME-6223 Welding and Joining Processes (Elective, 3 Credit Hours)ME-6146 Thesis (6 Credit Hours)
- ME-6343 Renewable Energy Systems (Elective, 3 Credit Hours)
Year 2,No. Cr.Hrs.
- Total08 Courses Thesis OR 10 Courses
Sixteen years of schooling or 4-year education (130 credit hours) after HSSC/FSc./A-Levels/ Grade 12 or equivalent in Mechanical, Industrial or Mechatronics engineering from a PEC accredited program. For admission into Faculty of Engineering, a minimum CGPA 2.00 (out of 4.00 in the semester system) or 1st division (in the annual system) in bachelor/master/equivalent degree is required. Application for admission should include the PEC registration number.
The program offered will cover advanced subjects related to more than one branches of mechanical engineering: design, thermal, mechatronics, and aerodynamics. The graduates can then join industry, research and development organizations in the public and private sector or undertake a Phd. Advanced courses will also prepare and train young mechanical engineers to understand the impact of engineering practices on the society in a more detailed and broader spectrum. The program is intended to broaden their vision to solve multi-faceted problems faced by society using modern and advanced tools.
MSc Mechanical Engineering - (2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester