The BSDS Programme is an exciting initiative of the Department of Computer Science, Faculty of IT. The programme explores the theoretical foundations of information and data science and chooses a practical approach to applied data analytics as a profession. The world we know today is inundated with information from databases, sensors, digital images, streaming video, online and financial transactions, satellite and medical imagery and more. A novel mix of subjects including computer programming, statistics, data analytics, relational and schema-less database environments, web development, programming for big data, software engineering, digital communications, machine learning, artificial intelligence and natural language processing help them build their skills and knowledge base to contribute professionally to the Big Data and IT industries and academia.
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1 Core Courses 61
- 2Math Science Foundation Courses 12
- 3Humanities Courses 18
- 4Supporting Courses 9
- 5DS Elective Courses 15
- 6UCP Elective Courses 12
- 7Design Project 6
Year 1, Semester 1Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSCP1013Introduction to ComputingCore3
- 2DSCP1011Introduction to Computing LabCore1
- 3DSHU1643Logic Thinking (UCP Elective I)Uni Elective3
- 4DSHU1633English Composition & ComprehensionHumanities3
- 5DSSS1823Basic ElectronicsMath Science3
- 6DSHU1613Pakistan StudiesHumanities3
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSCP1023Programming FundamentalsCore3
- 2DSCP1021Programming Fundamentals LabCore1
- 3DSDS1113Fundamentals of Data ScienceCore3
- 4DSSS1813Calculus and Analytical GeometryMath Science3
- 5DSHU1663Communication & Presentation SkillsHumanities3
- 6DSHU1623Islamic StudiesHumanities3
Year 2, Semester 3Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSCP2033Object Oriented ProgrammingCore3
- 2DSCP2031Object Oriented Programming LabCore1
- 3DSDS2123Big Data ProgrammingCore3
- 4DSDS2121Big Data Programming LabCore1
- 5DSXXxxx3Supporting ISupporting3
- 6DSAL2513Discrete StructuresCore3
- 7DSXXxxx3UCP Elective IIUni Elective3
Year 2, Semester 4Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSSS2863Probability and StatisticsMath Science3
- 2DSCP2043Data Structures and AlgorithmsCore3
- 3DSCP2041Data Structures and Algorithms LabCore1
- 4DSDB2313Introduction to Database SystemsCore3
- 5DSDB2311Introduction to Database Systems Labcore1
- 6DSSS2873Linear AlgebraMath Science3
- 7DSHU2673Technical and Business WritingHumanities3
Year 3, Semester 5Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSDB3323Schema-less DatabasesCore3
- 2DSNS3413Operating SystemsCore3
- 3DSNS3411Operating Systems LabCore1
- 4DSXXxxx3Supporting IISupporting3
- 5DSXXxxx3DS Elective IDS Elective3
- 6DSAL3533Design and Analysis of AlgorithmsCore3
Year 3, Semester 6Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSDB3333Data MiningCore3
- 2DSDB3331Data Mining LabCore1
- 3DSAL3533Artificial IntelligenceCore3
- 4DSNS3423Computer Comm. and NetworksCore3
- 5DSNS3421Computer Comm. and Networks LabCore1
- 6DSXXxxx3DS Elective IIDS Elective3
- 7DSSD3213Software EngineeringCore3
Year 4, Semester 7Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSGE4753Professional PracticesHumanities3
- 2DSXXxxx3Supporting ISupporting3
- 3DSXXxxx3UCP Elective IIIUni Elective3
- 4DSXXxxx3DS Elective IIIDS Elective3
- 5DSXXxxx3DS Elective IVDS Elective3
- 6DSSD4913Final Year Project ICore3
Year 4, Semester 8Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1DSAL4593Natural Language ProcessingCore3
- 2DSAL4591Natural Language Processing LabCore1
- 3DSNS4433Information SecurityCore3
- 4DSXXxxx3DS Elective VDS Elective3
- 5DSXXxxx3UCP Elective IVUni Elective3
- 6DSSD4923Final Year Project IICore3
This degree programme prepares students to work in various fields, as data science is required throughout the world to help make the flow of knowledge and information easier to learn from, access, and use. The graduates shall be responsible for taking facts, statistics, and numbers and turning them into valuable and understandable information in nearly every avenue of the industrialized world. With data science booming in real estate, financial, health, lifestyle, manufacturing and automation, as a graduate of BSDS you’ll have the option to venture into all these and many different sectors and work in a data-driven role. Or you might decide to deepen your knowledge with a postgraduate degree in the same field, such as our MS Data Science.
BS Data Science ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1BS Data Science25,0008,00013310,89,000
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.