The BSSE programs cover all facets of software development, including specification, analysis, design testing, maintenance and evolution of software products. The program satisfies the prerequisites of accreditation bodies (HEC) while meeting with the industry guidelines.
The focus of Software Engineering is on the application of the systematic and quantifiable approach to design, develop, operate and maintain software systems. Offering a wide range of courses, the BSSE program aims at instructing students regarding the design and execution of large, reliable, efficient and economical software by application of the learned skill set of software development. The program will successfully enable the student to work on complicated and advanced software systems and applications.
- Minimum Duration Maximum Duration Minimum Credit Hours Degree Completion Requirement
- 04 Years07 Years1321. CGPA of at least 2.0 on a scale of 4.0
2. Passed all the prescribed courses (totaling at least 132 credit hours)
List of Courses - BS Software Engineering
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No Course Title Credit Hours Pre-requisite
- 1Programming Fundamentals3-1
- 2Communication and Presentation Skills3-0English Composition and Comprehension
- 3Discrete Structures3-0
- 4Software Engineering3-0
- 5Islamic Studies2-0
- 6University Elective â I3-0
Year 2, Semester 4Sr. No Course Title Credit Hours Pre-requisite
- 1Data Structures and Algorithms3-1Object Oriented Programming
- 2Software Design and Architecture2-1Software Requirement Engineering
- 3Probability and Statistics3-0
- 4SE Supporting âI3-0
- 5Technical and Business Writing3-0Communication and Presentation Skills
Year 3, Semester 6Sr. No Course Title Credit Hours Pre-requisite
- 1Software Quality Engineering3-0Software Engineering
- 2Computer Networks3-1
- 3Professional Practice3-0
- 4Software Construction and Development2-1Software Design and Architecture
- 5SE Elective â I3-0
- 6SE Supporting -III3-0
Year 4, Semester 8Sr. No Course Title Credit Hours Pre-requisite
- 1SE Elective IV3-0
- 2SE Elective V3-0
- 3University Elective IV3-0
- 4Final Year Project II0-3
- At least 50% marks in Intermediate (HSSC) examination with Mathematics or equivalent qualification with Mathematics certified by IBCC.
- Applicant has to clear UCP test/NTS/HAT.
BSSE (Hons) ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.