The course is designed to give a comprehensive insight about the constitutional developments of Pakistan. Starting from the Government of India Act, 1935 till to date, all important events leading to constitutional developments in Pakistan will be the focus of course. Failure of the constitutional machinery and leading constitutional cases on the subject will be part of the course.
- Ahmad, Riaz. Constitutional and Political Developments in Pakistan: 1951-54. Karachi: Pak American, 1981.
- Choudhry, G. W. Constitutional Development in Pakistan. New York: Institute of Pacific Relations, 1959.
- Jennings, Sir Ivor. Constitutional Problems in Pakistan, 1957. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1957.
- Khan, Hamid. Constitutional and Political History of Pakistan. Oxford: OUP, 2001.
- Mahmood, Dr. Safdar. Constitutional Foundations of Pakistan, 2nd edn. Lahore: Jang Publishers, 1989.
- Sayeed, Khalid Bin. The Political System of Pakistan. Karachi: OUP, 1967
- Wheeler, Richard S. The Politics of Pakistan: A Constitutional Quest. Ithaca: Cornell University Press, 1970.