Enhance language skills and develop critical thinking.
- Basics of Grammar
- Parts of speech and use of articles
- Sentence structure, active and passive voice
- Practice in unified sentence
- Analysis of phrase, clause and sentence structure
- Transitive and intransitive verbs
- Punctuation and spelling
Answers to questions on a given text
General topics and every-day conversation (topics for discussion to be at the discretion of the teacher keeping in view the level of students)
To be improved by showing documentaries/films carefully selected by subject teachers
Topics to be chosen at the discretion of the teacher
1. Functional English
1. Practical English Grammar by A. J. Thomson and A. V. Martinet. Exercises 1. Third edition. Oxford University Press. 1997. ISBN 0194313492
2. Practical English Grammar by A. J. Thomson and A. V. Martinet. Exercises 2. Third edition. Oxford University Press. 1997. ISBN 0194313506
1. Writing. Intermediate by Marie-Christine Boutin, Suzanne Brinand and Francoise Grellet. Oxford Supplementary Skills. Fourth Impression 1993. ISBN 0 19 435405 7 Pages 20-27 and 35-41.
1. Reading. Upper Intermediate. Brain Tomlinson and Rod Ellis. Oxford Supplementary Skills. Third Impression 1992. ISBN 0 19 453402 2.