Biochemistry is a central discipline to all Branches of Biology/ Life Sciences. It deals with the chemical nature, function, structure, energetic and pathways of synthesis and degradation of simple to complex biological and/or cellular molecules to understand the various aspects of cellular and molecular functions in development, health and disease with applications in Biotechnology, Microbiology and Medicine. Biochemistry at FLS is one of the most vibrant and visible faculty among the Pakistani Universities because of its location, the competition for admission in the PhD, MS and BS Programs. FLS has ideal students to the faculty ratio, teaching experience of the faculty, publications, extra research grants/support the faculty generates from National and International Organizations and in terms of infrastructural facilities. In addition, the faculties are able to fortify collaboration in the new and interdisciplinary research areas such as Nano-Biology, Medical Biotechnology, and Stem Cell Biology etc.
Each candidate for the MS Biochemistry degree is required to successfully earn 30 Cr. Hrs. as per the following detail:
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1Course Work 24
- 2Thesis/Additional Courses 6
- Sr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 1Applied EnzymologyBC56133
- 2Nutritional BiochemistryBC52133
- 3Metabolic PathwaysBC55133
- 4Molecular GeneticsBC56233
- 5Environmental BiochemistryBC52233
- 6Frontiers in BiochemistryBC52333
- 7Advanced BiochemistryBC52533
- 8Advanced Techniques in BiochemistryBC52533
- 9Biochemistry of Cell SignalingBC52633
- 11Advanced Clinical BiochemistryBC52733
- 12Advances in Recombinant DNA TechnologyBC56333
- 13Advanced ToxicologyBC52833
At least 2.00 CGPA or 50% marks in BS/M.Sc. in relevant field.
MS Biochemistry (2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1MS Biochemistry25,00010,50030340,000