Advances in medicine, greater longevity and a rapidly expanding world population continue to increase the numbers of people at the risk of infection. The situation compounded by the emergence of multi-drug resistant microbes and the lack of new clinically effective anti- infective agents compelled us to establish Microbiology section under FLS. Research within the Molecular Microbiology Group will be directed towards the acquisition of novel molecular and cellular insights into host pathogen interactions, quorum sensing and the evolution of virulence and drug resistance with a view to the discovery of new therapeutic and preventative strategies against Viral, Bacterial and Fungal Pathogens.
Each candidate for the MS Microbiology degree is required to successfully earn 30 Cr. Hrs. as per the following detail:
- Sr. No. Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1Course Work 24
- 2Thesis/Additional Courses 6
- Sr. No. Course Title Code Cr. Hrs.
- 1Molecular Microbial GeneticsMB51033
- 2Industrial MicrobiologyMB56033
- 3Frontiers in MicrobiologyMB56133
- 4Food MicrobiologyMB56233
- 5Microbial BiochemistryMB52033
- 6Microbial BiotechnologyMB56233
- 7Advances in MicrobiologyMB56333
- 8Advanced Techniques in MicrobiologyMB56433
- 9Advanced Medical MicrobiologyMB56533
- 11Advanced VirologyMB57033
- 12Advanced ImmunologyMB57133
- 13Microbial GeneticsMB51133
At least 2.00 CGPA or 50% marks in BS/M.Sc. in relevant field.
MS Microbiology (2 yrs, 4 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1MS Microbiology25,00010,50030340,000