In the discipline of Biotechnology, MS, M.Sc. and BS level degrees are offered. The interdisciplinary programs are designed in order to provide the students with strong knowledge of sciences and equal importance to laboratory experiences. Faculty is highly competitive and strives to fulfill significant demand in Biomedical, Pharmaceutical, Business and Industry. The faculty aims at instilling up-to-date knowledge of biotechnology and its different aspects so that the student can pursue a successful career in biomedical, forensic science, government policy-making, economy and educational sector.
BiotechnologyIn the discipline of Biotechnology, Degrees are offered at the level of MS, M.Sc. and BS. Faculty is highly competitive and strives to fulfill significant demand in Biomedical, Pharmaceutical and Industry. A large number of students are seeking admission during each semester to qualify for higher research programs within the University while a good proportion of meritorious students aim to pursue further research studies in different overseas universities after completing degrees from FLS. Graduating students may seek employment in the renowned organizations in this country as well as abroad.
Sample Course Plan for BS Biotechnology
Year 1, Semester 1Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BTHU1003English IInter. Dept.3
- 2BTHU1013Pakistan StudiesInter. Dept.3
- 3BTHU1023Islamic studiesInter. Dept.3
- 4BTCS1003Introduction to Computer ScienceInter. Dept.3
- 5BT1203Physical ChemistryInter. Dept.3
- 6BT1303Introduction to BiotechnologyInter. Dept.3
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BTHU1033English-IIInter. Dept.3
- 2BTMT1003MathematicsInter. Dept.3
- 3BT1213Inorganic ChemistryBT General3
- 4BT1223Organic ChemistryBT General3
- 5BT1803Ecology, Biodiversity & Eval.-IBT General3
- 6BT1233Biochemistry-IBT Foundation3
Year 2, Semester 3Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BTHU2043English-III (Writing & Comp)Inter. Dept.3
- 2BTMT2013BiomathematicsInter. Dept.3
- 3BT2813Ecology, Biodiversity & Eval.-IIBT General3
- 4BT2403Biological PhysicsBT General3
- 5BT2243Biochemistry-IIBT Foundation3
- 6BT2603Cell BiologyBT Foundation3
Year 2, Semester 4Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BTMG2003SociologyBT General3
- 2BTMG2013Marketing & ManagementBT General3
- 3BT2103Classical GeneticsBT Foundation3
- 4BTMT2023Probability & BiostatisticsBT Foundation3
- 5BT2253Analytical Chemistry & InstrumentationBT Foundation3
- 6BT2503Molecular BiologyBT Foundation3
Year 3, Semester 5Type Course Cr.Hrs.
- Major-IPrinciples of Biochemical Engineering3 (2 + 1)
- Major-IIAgriculture Biotechnology3 (2 + 1)
- Foundation-IXMicrobiology3 (3 + 0)
- Foundation-XImmunology3 (3 + 0)
- Foundation-XIMethods in Molecular Biology3 (1 + 2)
Year 3, Semester 6Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BT3113Genetic Resources & ConservationBT Foundation3
- 2BT3323Microbial BiotechnologyBT Foundation3
- 3BT3333Health BiotechnologyBT Core3
- 4BT3343Environmental BiotechnologyBT Core3
- 5BT3353Food BiotechnologyBT Core3
- 6BT3363Nano-BiotechnologyBT Elective3
Year 3, Semester 7Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BT4123Genomics & ProteomicsBT Core3
- 2BT4002Entrepreneurship in BiotechnologyBT Core2
- 3BT4823BioinformaticsBT Core3
- 4BT4373Industrial BiotechnologyBT Core3
- 5BT4623Cell & Tissue CultureBT Elective3
- 6BT4903Research Project-IProject3
Year 3, Semester 8Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1BT4713VirologyBT Elective3
- 2BT4383Fermentation BiotechnologyBT Elective3
- 3BT4023Research Methodology & Skill EnhancementBT Core3
- 4BT4032Biosafety & BioethicsInter. Dept.2
- 5BT4913Research Project-IIProject3
BS Biotechnology ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1BS Biotechnology25,0006,0001368,41,000
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.