In the discipline of Food Science & Technology, degrees are offered at a bachelors level. Our faculty is highly competitive and strives to fulfill significant demand in food industry. A large number of students are seeking admission during each semester to qualify for higher research programs within the University while a good proportion of meritorious students aim to pursue further research studies in different overseas universities after completing degrees from FoLS. Graduating students may seek employment in the renowned organizations in this country as well as abroad.
Introduction to FSTFood Science and Technology (FST) is becoming gradually popular in Pakistan during the past few years. It deals with the study of selection, preservation, checking, processing, production, and distribution of food. The responsibilities of Food Science Technologists are to check the Microbiology, Physical and Chemical Composition of Food. It deals with all types of food around us and to maintain the hygienic level of food. This field is very diverse and falls in the list of high paying fields in Pakistan and abroad. Under this course, students would be able to get into interaction with the production, processing, preservation, packaging and their worldwide distribution. It also deals with the investigation and examination of all kinds of the foods around us in order to improve its quality for human safety.
BS degree in Food Science and Technology will be awarded per HEC Criteria after the successful completion of assigned credit hours. Students will be required to have CGPA of 2.50 at the time of graduation. BS program is equivalent to 16 years of education. The degree program fulfils all the curriculum requirements per HEC criteria, comprising of Compulsory, Foundation, Supporting and FST Specific Courses. The basic training on Research Project & Scientific Writing and Internship & Report Writing will also be imparted during 7th and 8th semesters, respectively.
Food Science and Technology
Year 1, Semester 1Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS1103Introduction to Food Science & TechnologyGeneral3
- 2FSHU1003Islamic StudiesInter Department3
- 3FS1203Essentials of BiochemistryGeneral3
- 4FSCS1003Introduction to Information TechnologyInter Department3
- 5FSHU1013Pakistan StudiesInter Department3
- 6FSHU1023English-IInter Department3
Year 1, Semester 2Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS1403Principles of Human NutritionGeneral3
- 2FSMT1013Mathematics-IInter Department3
- 3FS1213Food ChemistryGeneral3
- 4FSHU1043English-IIInter Department3
- 5FSMT1003StatisticsInter Department3
- 6FS1303General MicrobiologyGeneral3
Year 2, Semester 3Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS2313Food MicrobiologyGeneral3
- 2FS2413Postharvest TechnologyGeneral3
- 3FSMT2023Mathematics-IIInter Department3
- 4FS2423Community NutritionGeneral3
- 5FS2503Dairy TechnologyGeneral3
- 6FS2603Food Processing & PreservationGeneral3
Year 2, Semester 4Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS2553Technology of Oils and FatsCore3
- 2FS2613Unit Operation in Food ProcessingGeneral3
- 3FS2623Fruits and Vegetables ProcessingFoundation3
- 4FSMT2033BiostatisticsInter Department3
- 5FS2643Cereal TechnologyGeneral3
- 6FS2653Sugar TechnologyFoundation3
Year 3, Semester 5Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS3523Food Plant Layout and SanitationGeneral3
- 2FS3513Meat and Sea Food Processing TechnologyFoundation3
- 3FS3633Public Health, Milk and Meat HygieneFoundation3
- 4FS3663Food Process EngineeringFoundation3
- 5FS3433Instrumental Techniques in Food AnalysisFoundation3
- 6FS3533Beverage TechnologyFoundation3
Year 3, Semester 6Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS3573Extrusion TechnologyCore3
- 2FS3473Food ToxicologyGeneral3
- 3FS3453Confectionery and Snack FoodsFoundation3
- 4FS3463Bakery Products TechnologyCore3
- 5FS3543Food BiotechnologyCore3
- 6FS3703Food Laws & RegulationCore3
Year 4, Semester 7Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FSMG4003Entrepreneurship in FSTInter Department3
- 2FS4563Food PackagingCore3
- 3FS4673Poultry and Egg ProcessingElective3
- 4FS4482Sensory Evaluation of FoodsCore2
- 5FS4903Research Project IProject3
Year 4, Semester 8Sr. No. Course Code Course Title Category Cr. Hrs.
- 1FS4472Food Service ManagementElective2
- 2FS4683Food Product DevelopmentElective3
- 3FS4492Food Safety and Quality ManagementElective2
- 4FSHU4053Research Methodology & SkillsInter Department3
- 5FS4913Research Project IIProject3
BS Food Science and Technology ( 4 yrs, 8 semesters)
- Sr. No. COURSE NAME ADMISSION FEE FEE PER CREDIT HOUR Total No. Of Credit Hours Total Fee
- 1BS Food Science & Technology25,0006,0001358,35,000