The Ph.D. in Business Administration program aims at ensuring instilment of current concepts and knowledge of a specific discipline in business administration and inculcating the art of exploring beyond existing horizons. UCP provides a healthy environment for students who want to acquire research skills and bring prominent improvements in existing management practices. Apart from exploring the unexplored, the program focuses on filling gaps in the current literature. The course work and directed research proposition enable preparing and instructing with the target of delivering graduates who have the ability to conduct research independently at a high level of creativity and quality.
Our PhD program encourages the discovery of new facts, formulation of new concepts and theories as well as the innovative reinterpretation of established ideas. We focus on improving the field of research in management sciences.
The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Business Administration is an internationally recognized research qualification which allows professionals, managers and academicians to apply advanced research skills and techniques to describe explain and improve existing management practices in a scientific manner. The UCP PhD degree program in Business Administration comprises of course work and supervised research thesis provides training and education with the objective of producing graduates who have the capacity to conduct research independently at high level of originality and quality. The goal of PhD research is to contribute to existing body of knowledge by filling gaps in the current literature. This aim can be achieved when a PhD candidate uncovers new knowledge either by discovery of new facts, formulation of new concepts and theories or the innovative reinterpretation of established ideas.
Our doctoral program aims to produce graduates who can initiate genuine and indigenous ideas to not only enrich the field of research but to address current governance and management challenges of Pakistan. This program is for graduates seeking to extend and deepen their knowledge by undertaking an appropriate research investigation under the supervision of academic staff of UCP Business School.
After the successful completion of the PhD program, students will have the ability to:
- Design, plan and execute an original piece of research that makes a substantial contribution to disciplinary knowledge.
- Undertake self-directed research and produce high-quality outcomes in an acceptable time period.
- Critically evaluate relevant academic literature and perspectives in order to assess arguments and evidence in relation to their research agenda.
- determine and apply appropriate research methods for their research problem;
- Exhibit and apply advanced knowledge and scholarship in a specialist field related to their research problem.
- Demonstrate high level and systematic understanding of the principles, methods and applications of management sciences.
- Articulate and communicate complex issues and impart scholarly knowledge, both orally and in writing, to peers and the scholarly community.
Sample Course Plan for Ph.D Business Administration
Year 1, Semester 1S.No. Course Title Cr.hr.
- 1Philosophy of Management3
- 2Quantitative Methods in Research3
- 3Qualitative Methods in Research3
Year 1, Semester 2S.No. Course Title Cr.hr.
- 1Contemporary Methods of Data Analysis3
- 2Seminar-I in the relevant area (Elective)3
- 3Seminar in related area OR (Elective) Any other course approved by relevant bodies3
Students securing minimum of 3.00 CGPA will be entitled for the thesis of 30 credit hours. Thesis is completed under the supervision of a faculty member and is evaluated by at least two PhD experts from technologically / academically advanced foreign countries in addition to local committee members. At the end of the coursework a comprehensive exam will be conducted. After qualifying this examination, students will present their research proposal within six months. Those students who will not be able to complete requirements of PhD degree may be considered for the award of M Phil degree provided they have completed coursework. Each student will be required one publication a pre-requisite for award of PhD degree.
Disclaimer: University of Central Punjab reserves right to make, at any time, without any notice, any adjustment/s in its programs, courses or offerings and also in any content/claim stated in it. No responsibility will be accepted by the institute for any hardship or expenses encountered by its students or any other person because of such change/s.
- For admission in the Ph.D. program a minimum CGPA 3.00 (out of 4.00 in the semester system) or First Division (in the Annual System) in MS/M.Phil. or equivalent degree in a relevant discipline is required.
- A detailed admission test will be conducted to shortlist the candidates for further procedure and the qualifying score for this will be 70 %.
- In case of GAT Subject Test (conducted by NTS) a minimum of 60% marks is required to pass the test.
- A detailed interview will be conducted to shortlist the candidates for admission.
- Courses Cr. Hrs. Fee per course Admission Fee Total Fee 1st Semester
- 6 Research Thesis48 (18 30)31,50025,000214,000 Research work fee = Total 340000119,500
A Student will register for each Semester during the Thesis work and will pay Fee of one Course for each Semester. A student Registered for MS/MPhil Thesis will have to pay minimum fee equal to two courses and a student registered in Ph.D Thesis will have to pay minimum fee equal to four courses.
The above-mentioned fee structure is for illustration purpose only. UCP reserves the rights to make changes in the Fee Structure whenever deemed necessary or appropriate.