MS Accounting and Finance
MS Accounting and Finance is a two-year program that can be completed in one and a half year. The program makes up to 18 years of study and will be completed without research thesis. Four courses are offered instead of thesis in the third semester. The courses offered are in line with the HEC requirements of the program.
- One year course work of 24 credit hours for M.Phil. program
- Four courses in each semester
- Research work (thesis 6 credit hours) for M.Phil. program
- Course work of 30 credit hours for MS program
- Total 30 credit hours for both M.Phil. and MS programs (as required by HEC)
According to UCP rules for M.Phil. degrees, 6 credit hours dissertation starts with a proposal developed under the supervision of a senior faculty member and defended by the student in front the Graduate Program Committee. After the approval of statutory bodies of the university, student completes his/her work under the guidance of his/her supervisor. Dissertation is externally evaluated and examined before the award of degree. In case of course work, students study two courses of three credit hours each in lieu of research thesis. These courses are selected from the list of elective courses.
At School of Accounting and Finance, Faculty of Management Studies, conventional methods are replaced by the latest and most effective methods of learning and teaching. Presentations, workshops, study groups, seminars, simulation exercises, case studies, and research are added to classroom teaching to provide cutting edge to our students.
- List of Compulsory Courses, each of 3 credit hours i.e. total 12 credit hours as given below:
- Advanced Research Methodology
- Inferential Statistics
- Research Methods and Manuscript Writing
- Six courses, each of 3 credit hours i.e. 18 credit hours from the following list of courses:
- Advanced Corporate Finance
- Strategic Management Accounting
- Advanced Performance Management
- Taxation Systems Management
- Financial Markets and Institutions
- Financial Modeling
- International Trade and Finance
- Investment Portfolio Management
- Microfinancing Theories and Application
- Performance Analysis and Management
- Strategic Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Reporting
- Comprehensive Examination after completion of course requirements
Total Credit Hours of the Program 12+18=30 Cr. Hrs.