ASAD TASHFEEN holds an undergraduate degree in Political Science from LUMS and a Masters degree in International Development from the University of Warwick, UK. His research interests include political parties and voting behavior, the political economy of development and educational reforms in Pakistan. At UCP he teachers courses in the area of political science.
- Pakistan Studies – Law
- Politics and Society
- Modern Muslim World
Master of Arts Globalization and Development
University of Warwick (2012-2013)
Bachelor of Science (Honors) Political Science
Lahore University of Management Sciences (2008-2012)
FSc. (BISE Lahore)
Government College University, Lahore (2006-2008)
Matriculation (BISE Lahore)
M.Q Foundation High School, Lahore (2004-2006)
Political Economy of Development, Education Reforms in Pakistan
- Masters thesis titled Poverty and Inequality in South Asia: A Dependency Analysis.
- Research report on ED Links, a school education project of USAID.
- Research paper on Pakistan’s cotton exports and textile industry.
- Research paper on convergence between the environmentalism and traditional religion
- Currently engaged in literature based research on sectarian identities and educational curriculum in Pakistan
Lecturer in Political Science December 2013 to Present University of Central Punjab
Internship at Pakistan Tobacco Company Winter, 2011
Department: Trade Marketing and Distribution
Internship at Punjab Rural Support Program (PRSP) Summer, 2010 Department: Borrower Contact and Outreach
Faculty Of UCP Business School, University of Central Punjab